cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Glass Support
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 04:06:31 GMT
On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> Neat stuff!
>
> If possible, it would definitely be neat to make glass work more
> out-of-the-box with Cordova. I'm totally unfamiliar with what tweaks are
> necessary to make it work though.
>
> One thing that's possible already is to use a custom template. This is the
> 4th parameter to the create command - a path to a directory to use as the
> project template.
>
> Would be awesome if all of the tweaks could be done via a cordova plugin.
> Plugins have the <config-file> tag, which allows you to edit XML (although
> limited) on plugin install time.

I've done some work with this on this PoC here:
https://github.com/infil00p/CordovaGlass/

The thing that we have to consider is that plugins don't have to just
be confined to a single class.  There's nothing that says
that plugins can't move resource files, add node scripts or add Java
classes other than ones descended from CordovaPlugin.java.  The only
tricky bit that I see is that we're needing to modify the
AndroidManifest.xml to handle the VOICE_TRIGGER intent, which is
required so that when you say "Ok Glass", it does something.

The other thing is that you want to keep the main launcher intent for
debugger purposes, because otherwise you'll have to manually add code
to listen for the debugger after you say "OK Glass".

As far as whether it should be its own platform in the CLI, that whole
argument is for CLI people to discuss.

Joe