cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PluginManager.java regression cordova-3.2 ERROR: config.xml is missing. Add res/xml/config.xml to your project
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:44:08 GMT
I haven't noticed this during any of our testing, nor have I noticed
this when hacking with Google Glass, which uses the Google Glass voice
trigger intent to launch Cordova, not the LAUNCHER intent like the
launch menu.  Furthermore, our JUnit tests haven't caught the tests
either, and they depend on at least three plugins to be loaded by
PluginManager from config.xml.  Honestly, this only breaks if you
don't know what you're doing with Intents.

Honestly, It sounds to me like your config.xml isn't in the correct
place in your project, especially if you're trying to do something
complex with Android and intents.  I would check that making these
sorts of statements.  If config.xml wasn't being read, it would have
been caught right away, since everything is a plugin now.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:33 AM,  <Axel.Nennker@telekom.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are seeing some strange effect on Android when we move from 3.1.0-0.2.0 to a newer
version.
> We tried with 3.2.0-0.4.0 and 3.3-rc1
>
> I think that PluginManager changed and now fails to load config.xml
>
> This happens in my project when the app is opened by the operating system because it
is configured so through an intent filter.