cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RELEASENOTES.md and coho
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 18:27:47 GMT
On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> Yep, my main concern is communicating what's changed to our users for
> releases. Whether this file actually exists, or when it's updated, I care
> less about.
>
> Joe - if you don't think a single blog post is a good way to communicating
> this, what's a good alternative? Should we have each platform write a blog
> post as a part of the release instead of release notes?

Yes, because until recently that's what we did.  Shaz wrote the iOS
one, and either Simon or I wrote a blog post about Android.  These
would then be syndicated and put on the phonegap.com blog.  We used to
have a perfectly good solution to this problem which went away roughly
around when 3.0.0 came out.  This mostly went away because of time
constraints and the fact that my own blog sucks ass and needs to be
migrated to a real server.  I think we need to go back to this.

Also, this is a good way for people to get exposure and get their name
out there, so there's way more reward for doing this than just writing
RELEASENOTES.md which will be buried in the release and may or may not
be read.