cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [android] How to remove the automatic default of <access origin="*"/>
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:30:26 GMT
There are two different files here: one is defaults.xml, which the CLI
takes as the basis for its platform config.xml. The other is the config.xml
that you get after running bin/create. In the CLI world, that second file
is immediately overwritten by one created from defaults.xml, the top-level
app config.xml, etc.

I support the second point of removing the <access origin="*" /> from the
CLI's hello world template app; it should be turned into a comment.

I don't think we should be including <access origin="*" /> by default
anywhere, unless we really do want to disable the whitelist on that
platform. And if we do want to disable it, why not in the native code
instead of allowing everything by default?

Braden