cordova-dev mailing list archives

From David Kemp <drk...@google.com>
Subject Debugging on Android 4.4 with multiple users
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:16:40 GMT
Just a cautionary note for anyone using multiple accounts on an Android
device.

If you have a secondary user set up that has the ability to install apps,
you can deploy apps to either the primary or secondary user (whichever is
logged in). The primary user works as expected, but when deploying to the
secondary user adb does not correctly start the app. In my testing it
usually brings the battery monitor to the front instead of the app.

This has nothing to do with Cordova, I have replicated it with the sample
accelerometerplay android application.
The step that starts the app in the android tools is:

adb -s <device> shell am start -W -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n
<launchName>

It works OK if you remove the -W (but returns immediately instead of
waiting)

Reported as a bug in adb.