cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: New and/or improved file plugin
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:33:54 GMT
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:32 AM, Tommy Williams <tommy@devgeeks.org> wrote:

> Ian,
>
> Congrats on getting this over the line!
>
> We have a *very* file/file-transfer dependent app. I will be keen to change
> it over to using this and see how we go. :)
>
> Has file transfer been updated to play nicely with it? If so, were there
> many big changes to file-transfer?

Yeah, file-transfer was one of the hairier parts of this bear -- the latest
dev version of file-transfer should work with *both* the new and old
versions of file; I've been running all of the unit tests against both
versions.

On iOS, the changes were to file-transfer itself (647dad7 has the most
recent changes), but it recognizes both old (paths) and new (URLs) and
deals with them correctly. On Android, the CordovaResourceAPI library made
it easier; the File plugin just takes care of everything.

> Again, congrats for tackling a sleeping bear no one wanted to wake ;)

Thanks :)
Ian

> - tommy
> On 16/12/2013 6:38 pm, "Brian LeRoux" <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> > thx so much for tackling this Ian, its a super complex part of the story.
> >
> > will dig in over the break / hopefully you are now taking a break!
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > On Friday I finally committed the Android changes and the last of the
> iOS
> > > changes to the file plugin to the dev branch of cordova-plugin-file.
> > >
> > > For those of you who haven't been following along, there are two big
> > > changes in this release:
> > >

> > >    1. The plugin is now modular; code that handles regular files on the
> > >    filesystem is now separate from code that handles e.g., app assets.
> > >    2. FileEntry objects now use a new URL scheme:
> > >    filesystem://localhost/<filesystemType>/<path to file>. These
URLs