cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: Plugins Release today
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 19:44:17 GMT
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@google.com>
> wrote:> Dev becomes a staging branch, essentially; and all actual dev work
> happens
>  > on branches. That sounds like a more sane way to do it. The only reason
> I
> > had it on dev in the first place was to be able to test with buildbot --
> > I'd love to have a way to run those branches through the CI server before
> > merging them into dev/staging/master.
>
>
> Good point. Maybe we standardize a third branch (ducks for cover) that the
> CI server also tests and can be used for breaking dev work. This way dev is
> used for staging and only has code that can be released. I'm afraid that
> this just adds more complexity to plugins though and I am not a fan of
> adding more complexity.
>

I was thinking that it would be cool to be able to force a buildbot build
of a specific branch (though maybe a set of branches would be required) --
it wouldn't have to happen with every commit, but you could say "I'm ready
to merge my feature into dev, let's get buildbot to run all of the tests on
that branch first, to see if the merge will break anything".

That would avoid the need for a third special branch, but would let anybody
with access to buildbot (which we hope is everybody, soon) the ability to
test a branch before merging.

I don't know if it's possible to get buildbot to do that or not; I'll defer
to David on that subject :)

Ian


>
> >
>  Ian
> >
> >
> >
> > > Still confusing at times. It will be
> > > nice once we can get away from this dev-master setup we have. I'm sure
> > many
> > > of us have pushed code to dev that isn't in a sate to be released.
> Maybe
> > > this point/process should get added to our wiki? Not sure where the
> best
> > > place for it would be.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@google.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hey Steven,
> > > >
> > > > File is close to being ready, but I haven't merged in my Android code
> > > yet,
> > > > and I want to add some more tests, given how critical the plugin is.
> > I'm
> > > > not comfortable with it going to master yet. If you want, I can pull
> it
> > > out
> > > > of dev and put it on another branch. (There have been some other
> > commits,
> > > > so we could also create a new branch without those commits, and merge
> > > > *that* into master instead)
> > > >
> > > > Let me know how you want to handle it, I'll help out any way I can.
> > > >
> > > > Ian
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> > > > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > Any plugin issues I should know about before releasing today?
> > > > >
> > > > > Last I heard file and file-transfer dev branches aren't ready to
be
> > > > merged
> > > > > into master. Has this changed? Ian?
> > > > >
> > > > > Plugin issues that are still being reviewed/worked on:
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5525
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5531
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5532
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5430
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5504
> > > > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5505
> > > > >
> > > > > I can wait until later in the day to release if some of these are
> > > getting
> > > > > resolve today. I know Jesse is looking at the windows ones.
> > > > >
> > > > > We can also just do another plugin release next week (or post
> > holidays)
> > > > > once some of these land.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message