cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Windows Phone binary bridge
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:37:06 GMT
As far as I can tell from reading its exec.js, WP8 does not have a binary
bridge of any kind. Non-string data get JSON-serialized for transfer.

The recent patch for CB-5532 broke the File plugin by explicitly casting
ArrayBuffer data to Array type. Sergey's fixed it now, but the FileWriter
JS code still has special cases for Windows and WP8 platforms.

Would it make sense to have this code moved into the WP8 exec bridge? Then
it could apply to any plugins which transfer binary data, and any improved
transport methods would automatically be used by all plugins, rather than
being a special case in each plugin.

I don't know much about the Windows phone platform, so I could be
completely off-base about this, but if it works, I think it'll make the
implementation cleaner, and generally make Cordova better on the platform.

Ian