cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera API: correctOrientation
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 02:04:54 GMT
It definitely does something, you just may not notice it.
If you try to display an image you took in your app on iOS in any image
viewer that does not correctly interpret exif, then the picture will still
display correctly.
If you remove the code, it will not.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:59 PM, John M. Wargo <jwargo23@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't get it to do anything on iOS, so I think it's broken.
>
> Any chance someone can do a quick test to confirm my suspicion? Probably
> need to remove it from the docs if it doesn't do anything.
>

> On 12/4/2013 8:41 PM, Jesse wrote:
>
>> It appears to do nothing, except on iOS.
>> It is listed as supported on iOS and Android, and back in 1.7, it was iOS
>> only,
>>
>> Android does this:
>> this.correctOrientation = args.getBoolean(8);
>>
>> iOS uses it after the image is captured, and calls
>> imageCorrectedForCaptureOrientation
>> [1] which rotates it according to the orientation of the camera when the
>> picture was taken.
>>

>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/blob/
>> master/src/ios/CDVCamera.m#L455
>>

>> @purplecabbage
>> risingj.com

>>> http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.7.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html
>>>
>>> Lists a bunch of platforms that don't implement it.
>>>
>>> My guess is that some older platforms wouldn't automatically switch
>>> between portrait and landscape orientations for photos.
>>> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential
>>> information, privileged material (including material protected by the
>>> solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute
>>> non-public
>>> information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the