cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugins.cordova.io: UX redesign
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:57:09 GMT
Looks good Joni.  Great tone, character and feel.
Some of the utilitarian pieces I think need fine tuning.

Re: 1. ( opinions, which may be misguided )
- Search prominence is great, but I am confused about the difference
between what the 'Find Plugins' link at the top does, and the search box.
- Contribute, and Utilize seem to be given too much prominence here, and
I'm not crazy about the word 'Utilize'.  Maybe 'Get Started' with subs of
'Publish a plugin' and 'Install a plugin' ... ?
- Plugin listing by ID seems overly geeky, can't we use the Name field?

Re: 2.
- The Version column does not seem very useful, can we include latest
published date, or is there some author information?

Re: 3
- Perfect!
- It would be awesome if we could add some sort of image/logo to the
publish process, as we are going to be stuck with a very texty site
otherwise.

I think the nuget site is a very good example of a site based on doing a
very similar thing.
http://www.nuget.org/
Here is what knockoutjs looks like there:
http://www.nuget.org/packages/knockoutjs/

@purplecabbage
risingj.com