cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PluginManager.java regression cordova-3.2 ERROR: config.xml is missing. Add res/xml/config.xml to your project
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:25:19 GMT
Jesse,
I did not create an JIRA issue yet because I do not have a small sample
project to reproduce this.
I am using the command line to create this cordova app.
The project has a config.xml and it starts correctly (which is prove that
it has the config.xml. otherwise I would see the spinner eternally).
The version is 3.3-rc1 (Installed 30 minutes ago).

I have an ant script that does the work. I would not 100%-ly rule it out
that this build.xml is missing some steps. It creates the projects folders
(www, merges, etc) and then calls e.g. cordova platform add android and
cordova build. "cordova create hello com.example.hello HelloWorld" is NOT
called.
I attached my build.xml and the AndroidManifest.xml

-Axel

config.xml is there where it belongs.

ignisvulpis@ubuntu:/host/20131210/phonegap$ ls -l platforms/android/res/xml/
insgesamt 4
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2528 Dez 11 20:22 config.xml

2013/12/11 Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com>

> Is this a JIRA issue and reproducable steps yet?
> Does the project that is failing actually have a config.xml file?
> How are you creating the project? Platform script, cordova-cli? What
> version of the cli? ...
>
> 3.3.0 is already tagged and ready to go, so this needs reproducible steps
> to get attention.
>

> @purplecabbage
> risingj.com
>

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Sorry no. It does not work on 3.3-rc1
> > Axel
> >
> > ignisvulpis@ubuntu:/host/20131210/phonegap$ cordova -v
> > 3.3.0-rc.1
> > ignisvulpis@ubuntu:/host/20131210/phonegap$
> >
> > same error:
> > D/CordovaActivity( 4871): CordovaActivity.init()
> > D/CordovaWebView( 4871): >>>
> >

> loadUrl(file:///android_asset/www/index.html?file=/storage/sdcard0/Download/WalletImport-InfoCard-MyCard2-1.json)
> > D/PluginManager( 4871): init()
> > E/PluginManager( 4871):
> >

> =====================================================================================
> > E/PluginManager( 4871): ERROR: config.xml is missing.  Add
> > res/xml/config.xml to your project.
> > E/PluginManager( 4871):
> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=framework/res/xml/config.xml
> > E/PluginManager( 4871):
> >

> =====================================================================================
> > D/CordovaWebView( 4871): >>> loadUrlNow()
> > D/ItemImport( 4871): onResume() loadURL started:
> > D/CordovaActivity( 4871):
> >

> onMessage(onPageStarted,file:///android_asset/www/index.html?file=/storage/sdcard0/Download/WalletImport-InfoCard-MyCard2-1.json)
> >

> > 2013/12/11 Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> >
> > > If it worked in 3.1 and broke in 3.2, then it's very likely
> > > CB-5481<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5481> and
> > > is fixed in 3.3

> > JIRA
> > > doubt