cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default template - size
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2013 21:14:29 GMT
I suggest to move the icons to <project_root>/res/icons/<platform> and copy
them from there to the platform www. Although this has several drawbacks:

- testing the UI in a browser by opening www/index.html might surprise some
developers because they use the icons not only to represent the app but
also in the UI.
- Some might expect the icon to be relative to config.xml. "<icon
src='icon.png' /> looks like icon.png is next to config.xml
- Sharing icons between platforms become irksome (soft links?)
- Maybe cordova should search in several places? www/icon.png and
res/icon/icon.png and res/icon/<platform>/icon.png (in this order?)

I started to work on CB-2606
https://github.com/AxelNennker/cordova-cli/blob/master/src/metadata/android_parser.js#L75
but need input from this group how to implement this.

-Axel