cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PluginManager.java regression cordova-3.2 ERROR: config.xml is missing. Add res/xml/config.xml to your project
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:44:34 GMT
Here is the issue on JIRA:

This code works with 3.3-rc1:

   public void loadPlugins() {
      Activity activity = this.ctx.getActivity();
      Log.d(this.getClass().getName(),
"activity.getClass().getPackage().getName()="+activity.getClass().getPackage().getName());
      Intent intent =
activity.getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage(activity.getPackageName());
      Log.d(this.getClass().getName(),
"intent.getPackage()="+intent.getPackage());
      int id = activity.getResources().getIdentifier("config", "xml",
intent.getPackage());
        if (id == 0) {

-Axel

2013/12/11 Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com>

> Your bug doesn't exist unless it has a JIRA issue.
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Jesse,
> > I did not create an JIRA issue yet because I do not have a small sample
> > project to reproduce this.
> > I am using the command line to create this cordova app.
> > The project has a config.xml and it starts correctly (which is prove
> that it
> > has the config.xml. otherwise I would see the spinner eternally).
> > The version is 3.3-rc1 (Installed 30 minutes ago).
> >
> > I have an ant script that does the work. I would not 100%-ly rule it out
> > that this build.xml is missing some steps. It creates the projects
> folders
> > (www, merges, etc) and then calls e.g. cordova platform add android and
> > cordova build. "cordova create hello com.example.hello HelloWorld" is NOT
> > called.
> > I attached my build.xml and the AndroidManifest.xml
> >
> > -Axel
> >
> > config.xml is there where it belongs.
> >
> > ignisvulpis@ubuntu:/host/20131210/phonegap$ ls -l
> platforms/android/res/xml/
> > insgesamt 4
> > -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 2528 Dez 11 20:22 config.xml
> > ignisvulpis@ubuntu:/host/20131210/phonegap$
> >

> > 2013/12/11 Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Is this a JIRA issue and reproducable steps yet?
> >> Does the project that is failing actually have a config.xml file?
> >> How are you creating the project? Platform script, cordova-cli? What
> >> version of the cli? ...
> >>
> >> 3.3.0 is already tagged and ready to go, so this needs reproducible
> steps
> >> to get attention.
> >>

> >> @purplecabbage
> >> risingj.com

> loadUrl(file:///android_asset/www/index.html?file=/storage/sdcard0/Download/WalletImport-InfoCard-MyCard2-1.json)
> >> >

> =====================================================================================
> >> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=framework/res/xml/config.xml
> >> >

> =====================================================================================
> >> >

> onMessage(onPageStarted,file:///android_asset/www/index.html?file=/storage/sdcard0/Download/WalletImport-InfoCard-MyCard2-1.json)

> is a
> error. I
> your

> not
> then

> the

> situation
IF is in
> app
> cordova

LAUNCHER intent
> the
plugins to be
this only breaks
> if

> making

Android when we move

now fails to load

is opened by the
of DroidGap but
> starts

> loadUrl(file:///android_asset/www/index.html?file=/storage/sdcard0/Download/WalletImport-InfoCard-PremiumBank2-2.json)

>  Add
> >> > > > > > >> >

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=framework/res/xml/plugins.xml

loadUrlNow()
started: