cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.3.0 Release
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 02:21:11 GMT
CLI design contract is to just run platforms/<platfomid>/bin/create nothing
about running npm install on platform repo files.

If your platform scripts have dependencies platform is responsible to
satisfy its dependencies.

BlackBerry and Android have dependencies on npm modules, both handle
differently

Android include npm dependencies in the repo
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/tree/master/bin/node_modules

BlackBerry runs npm install to install on demand as part of create script
https://github.com/apache/cordova-blackberry/blob/master/blackberry10/bin/create#L38

hope this clarifies

--
Carlos Santana