cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gerbasi <rgerb...@gmail.com>
Subject Google Glass Support
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 03:43:44 GMT
Hello All,

I have been working on Google Glass support for Cordova and hit a wall. I
am looking for some guidance/advice on how to proceed. There are a couple
things that I need to deal with but I will start with just creating the
proper project. I have a feeling this will not only be about google glass
but a issue we will come across later.

Essentially in order to make this happen I need to modify
AndroidManifest.xml and add some resources to the project. Ideally This
would be a custom template of some kind for an android project. Possibly
running a command like "cordova platform add android glass". The other
option is to just modify the existing android project after it has been
added, this seems messy though and a problem if the user trashes the
android project they have to remember to run whatever command modifies the
project for glass again.

Once I am able to get a basic project together for Glass the next thing is
events. In order to get touch pad events into the webview it requires a bit
of tweaking, so I need some java code to handle this. I am not sure if this
should be a plugin or not. It seems like it should not be a plugin as it
really is essential for the project to even really work. I could then see
voice as a plugin?

Currently I am planning on making a 3rd party node package that you would
run against your project. Something like "cordova-glass __VOICE_TRIGGER__",
that would then check for an android project, create it if needed, then
modify it for glass. It would add the voice trigger to start your app and
such. If it already exists it will just make the tweaks needed. This will
at least get the ball rolling and allow people to start building apps
pretty easily, then maybe we can find a more efficient way to create the
project for users?

Anyways I would love for anyone to chime in, I will be cranking away on
this but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-ross