cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Camera Plugin] Add support to save unmodified image to photoalbum
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:47:14 GMT
I agree we'd want to apply the user's edits when saving to photo album,
it's just the resizing that I don't think you'd ever want.

I think:
- It's not ever useful to save the resized (shrunk) image to the photo
library
- It's not ever useful to allow the user to edit their photo, and then
ignore their edits when saving to photo library

If that sounds good, then I don't think we need an enum.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Stephan Wezel <s.wezel@web.de> wrote:

> Another option could be to add a additional option which specifies which
> image should be changed.
> e.g. saveToPotoAlbumImageKind: 0 or 1
> 0: returned image
> 1: original image
>
> With default to 0. This would be backwards compatible on all supported
> platforms.
>
> On 01.12.2013 19:34, Shazron wrote:
> > The enum thing could work, at least on the iOS side since it is
> marshalled
> > into a NSNumber anyway [1].
> >
> > NSNumber* savetoPhotoAlbum = whatever;
> > BOOL value = [saveToPhotoAlbum boolValue];
> >
> > This way it is backwards compatible (with any positive value treated as
> YES
> > on older versions of the plugin) yet extensible I suppose.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/blob/master/src/ios/CDVCamera.m#L125
> > [2]
> >
> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/cocoa/reference/foundation/classes/NSNumber_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000178-boolValue
> >

> > On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Stephan Wezel <s.wezel@web.de> wrote:
> >
> >> How about the change the saveToPhotoAlbum option to hold enum values
> >> instead of a boolean value and the possible values would be
> >>
> >> 0: saving disabled
> >> 1: save returned image to photoalbum
> >> 2. save original image to photoalbum
> >>
> >> - Stephan Wezel

> >> the first target.

> >> saveToPhotoAlbum is active to mean that the original image is saved
> instead
> >> the image which is returned to the caller.

> >> area where we've had issues with platforms having different behaviors
> for
> >> the same option.  Currently, you can save the original image with the
> >> following camera options:

> >> (saveUnmodifiedImageToPhotAlbum) is the best way.  May be a bit
> confusing.
> >>  If we do add it, the behavior of the 2 options need to be documented
> >> clearly.  Perhaps it would be better to document the above options as
> the
> >> way to get the unmodified image?

> >> http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas You'll

Is it:

> >> would save the original image from the camera without any changes to it
> >> (scale, rotate).
> >> image, is saved to the photoalbum after a modification (if
> >> targetWidth/targetHeight, correctOrientation or quality is changed from
> its
> >> default value  )

save