cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Deleting Plugin Docs
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 19:47:19 GMT
On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> RE my last suggest about CLI command for plugin docs, I'm now thinking it
> would be better to do something like we plan for tests: ship an app that
> hosts the docs based on whichever plugins you have installed.  Perhaps the
> test app should even do both tasks?

I think it'd be fine to think about this as a do-later thing, but I don't
want to get side-tracked just yet with these kinds of possibilities.

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > Mike, actually I think with this proposal it should be easier than ever
> > match plugin to docs specific to its version.
> >
> > The documentation would come bundled with the plugin, so you can find the
> > README.md alongside wherever your plugin code resides, be that an old
> > download, a plugman install, or from a git repo locally.
> >
> > Andrew, this all sounds pretty good, but looking forward to seeing
> Michael
> > Brooks/Brian chime in since I think they had a docs plan up their sleeve.
> >
> > Also, do we want to add a CLI command to show plugin docs?
> >
> > -Michal

> >> README.md
> >> file within the respective plugin repos
> >> And also remove the /cordova/ folder from cordova-docs, right? This way
> >> there will be only one single location for a plugin's documentation (the
> >> README.md file inside that plugin repo).

Right. The goal is one spot for plugin docs.

>  >>
> >> What will we do for docs of older versions? If somebody is using 2.9,
> they
> >> will need the 2.9 README.md file - is it enough for them to just change
> >> the
> >> branch on github?

This change will not affect publish docs for older versions. for 2.9, you'd
still go to docs.cordova.io's 2.9 documentation.