cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Dropping iOS 5.0 support
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:15:02 GMT
I think we'd be fine to drop "official support" for iOS 5, but as has been
pointed out, there's very little code-wise that would change.

If bug reports come that say "this function is being called and it doesn't
exist on iOS 5", then that's a trivial fix. Likely devs will just fix it
themselves anyways.

If devs want to deploy for iOS 5, I think they'll be able to fiddle with
their Xcode deployment target settings and do so fairly easily even if we
"drop support for it". They are better at testing their own apps anyways.