cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding 'browser' as a platform for cordova.js
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 18:53:20 GMT
Hey Brian,

On 9 Dec 2013, at 7:24, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> More for discussion than review.

I like this upcoming feature a lot. Maybe I do something wrong, but it
seems people should work in the /www folder
and run i.e. "cordova build ios" to test. My problem always was the
build took to long. So I went over to the project
specific folder, developed and when I was happy moved my code back to
the /www folder.

If there would be a "browser" target I would love it because it would
help debugging. But I would only use it
if the "cordova build browser" command would just take short.

My guess is this is the case because there are no libs to create/copy.

Cheers
Christian

> https://github.com/apache/cordova-js/pull/57/files
>
> Clocks in at a disturbing 44kb so we clearly have room for
> optimization on
> the baseline of our platform. (Not a criticism: an observation.)
>
> I have a few questions for them whom are more familiar w/ cordova.js
> than I.
>
> When I do use this in a browser I get an error looking for
> cordova_plugins.js ...how do we feel this should be handled? I
> actually
> think a browser target plugins and all is not a terrible thing for us.
> Cordova is a rather sophisticated polyfill machine so why not.
>
> Should we consider deprecating pause/resume for page visability api?

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB