cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Toplak <daniel.top...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Windows 8 (not Phone 8) - native plugin support
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:12:18 GMT
Hi Jesse,

yes this was a way I tried a few month ago and it works with a Windows
Runtime Component written in C++/CX (a simple hello world thing, call
async from JS).
But you will be very limited in Windows Runtime Components, particular
in creating XAML UI components. This is not allowed/available:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd764f1e-887f-49b5-beb6-848cea93fb44/lauch-xaml-ui-from-c-runtime-component-in-html5javascipt-ws-app?forum=winappswithhtml5

So the only way (if I understand this correctly) is to port the WinJS
project over to a XAML C# or C++/CX project. To get this working.
Is there a near or far plan on doing this? Maybe as a separate platform
in the cordova-windows repo named "windows8xaml".

I will need this for our APP project, I will do the porting my self when
there is no work done yet and hopefully get this running :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

*Daniel Toplak*