cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Toplak <daniel.top...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Windows 8 (not Phone 8) - native plugin support
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 20:32:19 GMT
Hi,

are there any work done on porting the windows 8 platform to XAML C# or
C++ implementation?
AFAIK if I am correct this is the only way to fully support native XAML
C#/C++ plugins on Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT store APPs.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

*Daniel Toplak*

Am 07.07.2013 22:16, schrieb Jesse MacFadyen:
> No immediate plans. Maybe post 3.0.0
>
> Cheers,
>    Jesse
>
> Sent from my iPhone5
>
> On Jul 7, 2013, at 2:18 AM, Daniel Toplak <daniel.toplak@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> any news here?
>
> Greets Daniel
>
> Am 02.07.2013 01:44, schrieb Toplak Daniel:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we are very interested in phonegap/cordova and we like the concept of HTML5/JS/CSS
+ native plugin APPs.
>> We have created a proof of concept to embed a OpenGL Render Engine into a the Html-Views
(not WebGL).
>> The native plugin which renders on a native view is running on iOS and Android very
well.

>> Now we whant to go a bit further and whant to bring this technic to Windows 8 (RT)
platform to support the Windows 8 Desktop and the Windows RT Tablets.
>> For this we would like to try to get a DirectX Engine running as a native plugin.
But here comes the hurdle:
>> Cordova-windows-8 is build on top of the Windows HTML/JS/CSS stack not as a XAML
APP. We were able to build a Windows Runtime Component DLL in C++ but there we are not able
to access the XAML GUI to create a view as the DirectX Rendering Context.