cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "John M. Wargo" <>
Subject Re: Camera API: correctOrientation
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 14:11:00 GMT

I've been thinking about what you said and I'm not getting it. I created an app that has three
buttons, one takes a picture without correctOrientation even defined, another sets correctOrientation
to true while the last one sets correctOrientation to false.

When I look at the photos on my Mac or in Windows Explorer, all three photos have the same

When I look at the EXIF properties in an EXIF editor, all three photos have orientation set
the same value. The editor says its 0, but the field seems to be a two byte value which contains
00 01.

Since I'm comparing three photos at the same time, one of them should be turned on its side
(the one where correctOrientation is true) while the other two are displayed in portrait orientation.
That's expected behavior based on what you say below, but that's not what's happening for

I'm still leaning toward this particular option being broken.