cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "John M. Wargo" <>
Subject Re: Camera API: correctOrientation
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:38:52 GMT

Thanks for providing that information.

I downloaded an EXIF property viewer and notice that with correctOrientation missing or set
to false, there are 18 EXIF properties in the file. When I enable correctOrientation, another
30 EXIF properties are added to the file (for a total of 48).

Do you know what part of this actually affects orientation? There's an orientation EXIF property,
but it's set to 0 for all three of my test files.

Enabling this option adds GPS information to image files on iOS as well. I wonder if this
particular option is not named correctly. Should it be called something like enableEXIF with
the documentation explaining what features it adds to a file.