cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "John M. Wargo" <jwarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera API: correctOrientation
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 01:47:55 GMT
Josh,

That's the PhoneGap 1.7 docs you linked - when you look at the Cordova 3.2 docs (http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.2.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html#cameraOptions),
it does not list _any_ issues with correctOrientation on Android or iOS. I expect it not to
work on Windows Phone because it's listed in the docs as being a limitation, but not on Android
or iOS.

I'm not a newb; I'm not asking because I'm too stupid to look in the documentation first.
I've written a book on PhoneGap as well as a book on Cordova 3.0, so I know how most of this
works and to look at the docs first. I'm hoping that I don't have to begin any question with
"I've already looked in the docs, but..."

I started with the documentation and all it says is:

"Rotate the image to correct for the orientation of the device during capture"

Not a very clear description of what actually happens. You're right though, I'm not really
asking what it's supopsed to do, but instead "does it work?" and if so, "Any idea why it isn't
working for me?"

I've written an application that takes a picture without the option defined and with the option
set to true as well as false and on Android or iOS devices; I can't see any difference in
the photos for all three options.

So, am I missing something and this just not supposed to work? Or is something else biting
me in the butt here?

On 12/4/2013 8:25 PM, Josh Soref wrote:
> John wrote:
>> Can someone explain to me what correctOrientation is supposed to do?
> http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.7.0/cordova_camera_camera.md.html
>
> Lists a bunch of platforms that don't implement it.
>
> My guess is that some older platforms wouldn't automatically switch between portrait
and landscape orientations for photos.
> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged
and may be unlawful.