cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: Cordova and Crosswalk
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:46:54 GMT
On Tue Dec 3 08:40 AM, Hu, Ningxin wrote:
> Your thoughts about the integration?
> Is it possible to support Crosswalk runtime as a platform in Cordova
> upstream?
>
> [2]: https://github.com/crosswalk-project/crosswalk-cordova-android

It looks really awesome, can't wait to try it out.

I have some concerns about more platforms and the terminology.
Android should be considered as the platform,  maybe Cordova needs a new flag, -engine?

e.g. cli perspective
> cordova prepare android                                              #uses WebView of
OS
> cordova prepare android -engine crosswalk           #uses Crosswalk
> cordova prepare android -engine ChromeView     #uses ChromeView bundled jar

That could solve some issues with windows 8:
e.g.
> cordova prepare windows8
> cordova prepare windows8 -engine v8.1              #uses/injects 8.1  code
> cordova prepare windows8 -engine crosswalk    #uses Crosswalk?

Putting this idea out there, might make the maintenance easier.
Problem for me is terminology of crosswalk as a platform, it's more like an engine that sits
on top of the OS.