cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: CB-876 docs generator / hastings
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 04:04:31 GMT
‎Brian wrote:
> Would be good to mail the list before blindly implementing.

I started on it one night while I was offline, and did some more work this evening.

It isn't an implementation, it's a raw port from Ruby to Node.js.

> Both Michael and I have WIP to do the very same so we're triply duplicating effort.
=(

Yeah, I found out from Bryan that there was work somewhere on this after I mentioned that
I'd looked into it. ‎

I think a note in the README for docs indicating that the code is being rewritten (with a
bug link and an ETA) would have prevented me from investing time in it.

> I'll let Mike chime in on direction.

> My thing was to understand the space.

I'm actually using it to learn more about Node.js and its modules. While I'm fairly comfortable
with JavaScript, Cordova is my first real Node.js project and it's helpful to actually write
components (especially where in theory the input, output, and process are well defined and
verifiable).

> Yours/his could be good candidates for the next gen.

‎I'd like to see the Ruby code gone by 3.4, or 3.5 at the latest. We have plenty of hands
who are familiar with JavaScript / Node.js, and probably countably few who know Ruby...
and may be unlawful.