cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joni Rustulka <j...@adobe.com>
Subject plugins.cordova.io: UX redesign
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 03:26:36 GMT
Hi all,

I'm Joni. I work at Adobe as a UX designer on the PhoneGap team, and I have recently thrown
some time at redesigning the http://plugins.cordova.io site. I'm looking for feedback prior
to implementation - your thoughts are appreciated.

The main screens that have been reworked are as follows:

  1.  Home (http://cl.ly/image/2n3l1N0Z0g0w)
The primary goal for the site is to help users find the plugins they need. As such, the main
focus is on search/findability.

  2.  Search Results (http://cl.ly/image/0c3X3T1E1L0j)
Upon search for a plugin, the user is returned results. The user can filter to include only
desired platforms (http://cl.ly/image/3W2f321I211r), and the results table can be sorted by
number of downloads, or plugin ID.

  3.  Plugin Details (http://cl.ly/image/2n1p2s3E0a2t)
The details screen intends to provide all of the necessary information on a plugin.
** From what I understand, one piece of information that may be missing from this screen is
"Installation Instructions". This being, config.xml feature tags. Is this something that you
guys plan to automate, or should we be telling plugin authors to put this information in their
Read Me? Please advise.

Further, we do intend to make this a responsive site - so it will be easily viewed on smaller
screen sizes.

Thanks for your input,
-joni

PS - big thanks and kudos to Yohei for putting together the pluggy robot!