cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Hu, Ningxin" <ningxin...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Cordova and Crosswalk
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 14:09:44 GMT

The major difference is Crosswalk doesn't provide all APIs that WebView has. It just provides
the essential ones (as we understand, we may add new if they are essential). So if the plugin
calls some APIs Crosswalk doesn't have, it may fail. However, AFAIK, most plugins doesn't
need to call WebView APIs.

A good example is Cordova contacts API @ 3.0.0. Contacts API refers to WebView although it
doesn't use it. We worked with Crodova developers to fix that, see details at: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-contacts/pull/8

As current crosswalk-cordova-android is based 3.0.0, some new versions of plugin requires
higher version. So we maintain a list of Cordova core plugins @ 3.0.0 verified with Crosswalk
at: https://crosswalk-project.org/#wiki/Plugins-List-@-3.0.0-Supported-by-Crosswalk-Cordova-Android
for your reference.

At meanwhile, we are working to rebase to latest Cordova Android, we believe we will get better
plugins support.

> - I see Canvas 2D context is supported, how about canvas.getContext("webgl")
> || canvas.getContext("experimental-webgl")
> ? :p

WebGL is supported by default. And Canvas 2D is hardware accelerated.

Thanks,
-ningxin