cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Medic / fruitstrap /xcode 5
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2013 16:04:12 GMT
I see, thank you for clarification David.
In this case I'll create corresponding Jira ticket and implement platform specific script
to install this dependency.

Thx!
Sergey
From: David Kemp [mailto:drkemp@google.com]
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2013 5:10 PM
To: Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)
Cc: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Medic / fruitstrap /xcode 5

I agree that it would be better to just run the tools that are part of the development toolchain.
I have been trying to remove all of the special tooling and only kept that last step of running
it on multiple devices (see reasons below). There are other issues with the ios-deploy that
I have not yet resolved. It has an enormous delay in the middle of it and I have found that
deploys are significantly less reliable since I switched to it. About 30% of the time it just
hangs near the run command and the deploy fails.

If you want to add the dependency script as a short-term measure, thats fine. In the long
term I think we need to fix the command line tools to support the automated deploy properly
on all platforms.

-- notes --
It may be possible to use the ios run command line components, but when I first looked at
it there were some issues. The easy solution seemed to keep the little bit of special code
from Medic.
As I recall:
* no support for obtaining a list of devices attached
* no support for deploy only (dont build) - all of the commands want to prepare/build and
that causes problems
* Medic needs to wrap each deploy in a timer to kill it if it doesnt complete.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) <v-segreb@microsoft.com<mailto:v-segreb@microsoft.com>>