cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <>
Subject Re: [Android] Test Dependencies
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:53:47 GMT
Yes, manually invoking plugman locally to install the device plugin into the test app is a
cleaner way of doing that, IMHO. But does that also mean that there should be a number of
.gitignore entries in cordova-android/test so that the after-effects of running plugman don't
encourage folks to checkin those modifications (the plugin's contents)? That might get messy
with some files like cordova-android/test/res/xml/config.xml.

Andrew raises a good question. From what I can tell, the device plugin is used only to populate
some human-readable data in the test pages. If that human-readable data isn't really needed,
then the device plugin can go away. Joe, would you be OK with that? If so, I can do the removal.

On Nov 12, 2013, at 5:36 PM, Joe Bowser <> wrote:

> Hey
> I saw a recent commit on the Android repository removing what I left
> in the test directory.  While I agree that this probably shouldn't
> have certain attributes because they're stale, I think that we should
> use plugman to install the plugins, because in this case I don't have
> my plugins installed in the same directory as Marcel, so the steps
> will fail.  We can't assume that everyone is using the same setup, and
> the last change I did made the tests compatible with Plugman.
> Here's the commit that I'm referring to:
> Thoughts? Should we bundle Device directly in the repo?  What do people think?
> Joe

View raw message