cordova-dev mailing list archives

From James Jong <wjamesj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Camera Plugin] Add support to save unmodified image to photoalbum
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 18:05:32 GMT
One consideration here is cross-platform consistency.  Camera is an area where we've had issues
with platforms having different behaviors for the same option.  Currently, you can save the
original image with the following camera options:
{ allowEdit : false,
  correctOrientation : false,
  saveToPhotoAlbum : true
}

I'm also not sold that adding another save-to-photoalbum option (saveUnmodifiedImageToPhotAlbum)
is the best way.  May be a bit confusing.  If we do add it, the behavior of the 2 options
need to be documented clearly.  Perhaps it would be better to document the above options as
the way to get the unmodified image?

-James Jong

On Nov 28, 2013, at 11:18 AM, Stephan Wezel <s.wezel@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
>> Have you signed the Apache CLA? http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas You'll
>> need to do so before we can accept code from you.
> No not yet.
>
>> Could you clarify your intent with the new flag for me? Is it:
>> 1. To ensure the image isn't resized at all, or:
>> 2. To save the unmodified image to the camera roll, but then return a
>> resized image to the app.
>>
>> If it's #2, then I think that would be reasonable default behaviour
>> when saveToPhotoAlbum is set. WDYT?
> For me it is #2. First i thought that the option saveToPhotoAlbum would save the original
image from the camera without any changes to it (scale, rotate).
> Because the description of this option doesn't say anything that the image, is saved
to the photoalbum after a modification (if targetWidth/targetHeight, correctOrientation or
quality is changed from its default value  )

> But the current implementation (at least under iOS and Android) save the photo to the
photoalbum after the image is scaled/rotated.