cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Billau <>
Subject input type=file broken on Android 4.4
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 16:26:38 GMT
Hi everyone,

This ticket[1] came in pretty recently talking about how input type=file
does not work with Android 4.4 anymore, regardless of what your target SDK

Apparently this was a conscious design decision by Android [2].

Does anybody have ideas on how we can fix this? Is this even in our scope?
>From what I can gather, we have always had to override certain 'hidden'
(yet public) methods on CordovaChromeClient [3] to enable input type=file.
I'm thinking that either Android made this a private method or they just
changed the method signature again. If they just changed the method
signature, hopefully the new one will surface pretty soon and we can adjust
CordovaChromeClient (I tried looking around in Android source but got
pretty lost pretty quick...)

Just wanted to get some more opinions on what we should do. This seems like
it could be a pretty breaking change for some of our users.