cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Billau <mike.bil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.2.0 blog review
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:37:59 GMT
I think it would be useful to include a note about Android 4.4,
specifically the (known) changes that will negatively affect our users:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5398     - When selecting images
with destinationType.FILE_UR, users MUST go through the Gallery app - they
can't select from "Recent", "Drive", "Images" and "External Storage"

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5294    - using input type=file
will not work on Android 4.4 - seems to be an Android problem

Might also be useful to say that we haven't really done any performance
testing but that they should expect to see gains on Android 4.4 with the
new ChromiumWebView. I know the last blog post mentioned this but all we
really did was tell them to upgrade to avoid the bridge bug.

Otherwise I agree with others about removing stuff from the logs, and +1
for including the plugin list.