cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Julien Bouquillon [revolunet]" <jul...@revolunet.com>
Subject Re: cordova remote proxy
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 23:14:54 GMT
Thanks Andrew

Not "device-sensor-heavy" only imho. Imagine you're developing an app that
needs access to the contact list; instead of creating a mock, you could
request the contact list API remotely from your real device to your chrome
while developing on your desktop, so you can experiment with the real
cordova API.

The goal is to make phonegap development easier when you use devices APIs
(prevent the slow build/transfer/device testing phase)

What about switching to a "proxy" mode when the app starts ?

eg:
cordova.setDevice('http://192.168.1.100:6767')

Then all cordova calls would be proxified and relayed to the remote device

(I dont have all the keys about cordova internals so this can sound
crazy/silly.)

Comments appreciated :)

Julien

[image: logo revolunet] *Julien BOUQUILLON - REVOLUNET *
*web: *www.revolunet.com
*mail: *julien@revolunet.com
*phone: *+33 6 62 62 61 02
*twitter: *@revolunet <http://twitter.com/revolunet>