cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cordova Debug Mode
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:56:11 GMT
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org> wrote:

> Would it make sense to have a build flag for this? "cordova build --debug",
> "cordova build --release"; something like that (bikeshed colours welcome).
> I don't think that config.xml is the place for it; it seems like it should
> be lower than that, but I'm not exactly sure how it should be set.

Considering that we have to add Java code to get this to work, it
either has to be in the XML, or we're going to have to check the
AndroidManifest to see if we're in debug mode, like what we already do
for SSL errors.

 There
> will probably need to be platform-specific implementations, but it would be
> good to have a cross-platform way of turning it on and off.

The CLI doesn't have a way to actually release software, so I assume
that ALL builds created by it are Debug Builds.