cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: platform add android skips bat files on os x
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 23:56:33 GMT
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com> wrote:
>> This sounds like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4527
>
> Joe wrote:
>> OK, this is bad, because it means that bin/create doesn't use the same
>> logic as platform add,
>
> I sure hope not.

The CLI depends on each platform's create scripts, which means the
change SHOULD in fact depend on create script instead of having it in
the common CLI, otherwise we'll have to fix it in eight places instead
of just seven, and one that platform maintainers don't even use.

>> The only thing that was done for that
>> change on 3.1.0 was deleting the code that did the deletion.
>
> The deletion also removed a chmod - which seemed suspect to me.

The scripts were still executable after the deletion, which tells me
the chmod wasn't necessary after all and should have been deleted.