cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: android target level
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:55:06 GMT
I think some people are confused about this number and backward
compatibility.

There are *two* version constraints on Android. The one we're discussing
here is which API we're compiling against, which should generally be set at
the latest stable version (+1 to 3.2 targeting API 18 (Android 4.3)).

There's another, separate value for the *minimum* API version. Your project
cannot use any methods or classes introduced after that API version. For
Cordova, we are currently setting that to API 10 (2.3.3). So we should
support devices running 10, and 14-18. We don't officially support 11-13,
because no one cares about Honeycomb, but they mostly work anyway.

Braden

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>wrote:

> We are also in the works on getting a Nexus 5, probably on Friday we want
> to get unlocked
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's correct. I only have an old Nexus 7 with an AOSP build I made
> > yesterday to test things on 4.4 while I wait for the Nexus 5 or the
> > official updates, and since I have no camera drivers working.
> >
> > BTW: We still have a gallery, but I think the Camera plugin may be broken
> > in 4.4.
> >  On Nov 7, 2013 6:27 AM, "Carlos Santana" <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > To be clear the goal for Cordova 3.2 is to set target 18 (Android 4.3)
> > and
> > > for Cordova 3.3 target 19 (Android 4.4) ?
> > >
> > > We are about to release 3.2 so I want to be sure.
> > >
> > > I vote to set target 19/4.4 (KitKat) for Cordova 3.3 (Allows time to
> > > investigate, test, integrate, and document)

> fail

> > > delegating
> > value
> updated