cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Refactoring the CLI tests
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:40:14 GMT
The CLI tests are bad. I propose making them better.

The tests are bad for two reasons:
1. They're fragile because the tests depend on exactly the right functions
being called, sometimes in the right order.
2. They don't test what we really want, which is that projects get created
and all the files are in the right places.

I propose letting the tests actually run filesystem and related calls,
instead of always mocking them out. In the simplest form, that means
running them on the real filesystem. If that's too slow, we can investigate
other alternatives, like using a ramdisk, or using that emulated fs that
runs everything in RAM inside Node.

Mark and I are planning to work on this, starting with the CLI tests. The
Plugman tests are better in this regard, but could probably stand to be
really called as well.

Any thoughts or objections?

Braden