cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Updating FileTransfer
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:41:37 GMT
I probably should have realized this much earlier, but my changes to File
have broken FileTransfer. FileTransfer currently works with raw filesystem
paths, and uses File to do some (but not all) of its work. (This kind of
makes sense, since the calls in the test suite use the File API to get
download locations.)

I think that I'll need to change the FileTransfer API to work with local
URLs, rather than paths, and update the documentation to go with that. This
will obviously necessitate bumping the major version number, and depending
on the new version of File in plugin.xml

Questions:

Does FileTransfer implement any published standard, or is it our own API?

Does it make sense for FileTransfer to continue to use raw FileSystem paths
(and *not* go through File at all?) given that the File API will soon be
returning only relative paths and filesystem:// URLs.

[I think the answers to both of these are NO, but I'd definitely want to
know if I'm wrong about either]