cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <>
Subject Re: [Android] Evaulate Javascript and Threading
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:08:48 GMT
I've seen that show up in the API docs, and it looks like a much saner way
to execute JS in the WebView -- almost akin to iOS's
stringByEvaluatingJavascriptString, except that the result is *also*
returned to the browser, and not into native code.

Certainly better than setting the WebView's document.location in any case.

The problem is obviously backwards-compatibility. If we can't use it on
newer devices, then is there any point in having it in the code? Besides
being miles better aesthetically, does it give us any performance / reduce
odd quirks / anything that would make it worth the extra code complexity?