cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows8 and 8.1, to merge or to branch
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:12:46 GMT
Thanks for weighing in Parashuram.

There are additionally some complications with project types that are
important to consider, as well as which version of winjs to include.

The winjs inclusion can be solved simply by looking at the user-agent
string to determine if you are in an IE10 or IE11 container, however a
vs-project that is referencing 8.1 has different requirements than one that
is referencing 8.0

Not sure how to overcome the following generically:

<ItemGroup>
  <SDKReference Include="Microsoft.WinJS.1.0, Version=1.0" />
</ItemGroup>
or
<TargetPlatformVersion>8.0</TargetPlatformVersion>
or
<VisualStudioVersion>11.0</VisualStudioVersion>

@purplecabbage
risingj.com