cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: android target level
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:43:43 GMT
Would be nice to change scripts to check for >= target-level instead of
exactly ==.  I currently just re-installed my android SDK locally with only
4.4 (API 19), and now fail to create a project with CLI since it isnt
exactly the version we look for.

Since there won't be another android release for a while I'm sure this
issue won't come up after the cordova 3.3 release version bump.. so maybe
its low priority.

In the mean time, now that we've shipped 3.2, shall we bump the version on
master?

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org>wrote:

> I think some people are confused about this number and backward
> compatibility.
>
> There are *two* version constraints on Android. The one we're discussing
> here is which API we're compiling against, which should generally be set at
> the latest stable version (+1 to 3.2 targeting API 18 (Android 4.3)).
>
> There's another, separate value for the *minimum* API version. Your project
> cannot use any methods or classes introduced after that API version. For
> Cordova, we are currently setting that to API 10 (2.3.3). So we should
> support devices running 10, and 14-18. We don't officially support 11-13,
> because no one cares about Honeycomb, but they mostly work anyway.
>
> Braden
>

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > We are also in the works on getting a Nexus 5, probably on Friday we want
> > to get unlocked
> >

> > On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > That's correct. I only have an old Nexus 7 with an AOSP build I made
> > > yesterday to test things on 4.4 while I wait for the Nexus 5 or the
> > > official updates, and since I have no camera drivers working.
> > >
> > > BTW: We still have a gallery, but I think the Camera plugin may be
> broken
> > > in 4.4.

> 4.3)
> > > and