cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: audit of configuration
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 14:19:23 GMT
;) http://xkcd.com/927/

Some more data:

- I've heard discussed before that ./plugins/*.json should be moved in to
.cordova/config.json, it just hasn't happened yet.
- The config.xml thats inside your app we've suggested be renamed to
app.xml for less confusion with the final platform config.xml.

I think there is no reasonable way around having plugin.xml, app.xml,
defaults.xml, and final config.xml.
I think it is fine to have a single local config for a cli project
(.cordova/config.json) and a single global config for plugman/cli
(~/.cordova, ~/.plugman).

So I guess if the above two points were addressed I would be happy even
though it seems like a lot at first glance.

-Michal