cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Updating FileTransfer
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 01:56:24 GMT
When Ian is done with his changes, even if we gave it a new name, almost
certainly in practice we would stop supporting the old one.  Just because
no one would want to put the effort into the old version any more, doubly
so because of the poor current state of those plugins and how much better
this new version is likely to be.

I see your point that it is less likely that we will push point updates to
an older version of an existing plugin, than we would to a standalone but
deprecated plugin.  So I have a suggestion:  Any willing community member
can/should fork the existing plugin and call it LegacyFileTransfer or
something like that, and that becomes the new de facto home for updates.
 It can be published in the registry, and we can point users to it from
JIRA etc, but don't officially support it.  That way, the community decides
what's worth the effort.  WDYT?

-Michal