cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: audit of configuration
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 03:57:35 GMT
Yep, of course its the plugin author to define it!

But I guess maybe I'm confusing the mapping you are asking about, so lets
make sure:  plugin.xml is the file that specifies the feature tag, which
maps a name (just an arbitrary js-string) to native class name.  I assumed
thats what you meant by "mapping JS class to native class".  If that was,
then yes, plugin authors do that and it's not at all a userland feature
(that would be crazy).

Having said that, we still need a way to surface the information about
installed plugins into the platforms for use at runtime (and it seems
Braden & Anis & Gorkem found a way to shim that into feature tag, afterall).

-Michal