cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Plugin upgrade
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 02:59:49 GMT
Yes, the you have the steps right, but plugin releases are not directly
tied to platform releases, aka not cadance versioned.

In theory that means that you don't have to upgrade plugins when you
upgrade platforms.  It is very unlikely that a platform release would break
installed plugins unless we messed up (any breaking change would be subject
to a deprecation policy).

In practice, there often just happen to be useful/interesting updates to
plugins right around the time of a new cadence release, but it shouldn't be
necessary.