cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: cordova serve broken
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 14:42:46 GMT
Forgive the ignorance, but, why should we be depending on ripple for
implementing cordova serve?

One advantage I see, is that we already do want to support Ripple as a
client, and I'm deducing that Ripple has a server component which serves
files, so why reinvent the wheel, lets share code, great.

One disadvantage that I see, is that Ripple (the client) is not necessarily
going to be used by everyone who wants to use cordova serve for e.g. app
harness.  So, ripple seems like a heavy dependency just to serve files for
app harness -- does it even work on all platforms we target (windows etc?).
 I remember having issues in the past with depending on it.

Just want to understand what it buys and what it costs us before we move
forward.

-Michal