cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: cordova serve broken
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:19:09 GMT
Thx Dick.

So, Braden/Josh: did we discuss these semantics changes on list at all or
was this just colloquially decided out off list and implemented? The latter
is not cool. If I missed the former I apologize.

I don't have a problem with this new feature per se but I don't think it
has been thoroughly discussed (regardless), and obviously it has not been
well tested (if at all).

And I do have trouble with adding stuff to an already very large project.
Do we need the new url scheme for app harness? If so, a landing page thing
makes sense, I guess. Feels like we walking into territory that belongs to
tooling like Grunt however. Could we have worked together to use the
designer resources available from other committers to make it look better
than an error state? Yes.

Mild rant time.

We have to use this list to keep everyone in the loop on the work being
done. We can help each other create solid releases with beautiful
experiences. Quietly introducing new semantics, untested, and a frankly
terrible looking experience is a step backwards and worst of all it wasn't
necessary. I am certain this was not deliberate or malicious but I do think
it sucks.

I am asking everyone here to think before you rock a large changeset, make
smaller atomic changes that are thoroughly discussed, and give everyone
here the opportunity to contribute to the effort. Each release should be an
improvement on the last.