cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: res folder
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 21:03:06 GMT
It's my understanding that the res/ of app-hello-world is meant to hold
files that each platform hand-picks out and puts where appropriate.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Bryan Higgins <bhiggins@blackberry.com>wrote:

> I'm in the process of adding some additional resolutions to the BB10 splash
> screens and noticed that the res folder has been moved out of www in hello
> world.
>
> Is the intention of this folder that all apps will get the same set of
> default assets regardless of www template?

On iOS / Android, they are a part of the template, so if you changed the
template, you wouldn't get them.

> Has there been logic introduced to keep the platform res folder in place
> when using CLI?

No. res/ has splashscreen and icons, and CLI has no logic for this yet.

> At the moment, the assets are working when using ./bin/create because of
> config.xml in the template, but they do not appear in CLI projects because
> defaults.xml does not list them.

Tough call on whether defaults.xml should. Probably the app's config.xml
should specify them anyways so it's not an issue of defaults.xml doesn't?