cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Platforms Meetup Summary
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:38:35 GMT
Meetup was a tonne of fun! Thanks all who attended. Here's my stab at a
summary. If I've missed anything, please add it in:

Attendees: Andrew, Ian, Michal, David, Max, Mark, Shazron, Joe, Bryan,
Gorkem, Carlos, Josh, Anis

Presentations:
Andrew did a code walkthrough of AppHarness & how its URL remapping works
  - The remapping scheme won't work for BB

Michal did a code walkthrough of CDVTest:
  - Everyone liked it
  - Many spent the rest of their time converting tests to the new format

Gorkem did a demo of JBoss IDE
  - Super slick
  - He's had to reimplement all of plugman's logic in Java
  - Mainly because JBoss won't allow binary dependencies (such as node)
  - Includes a Java / Ripple simulator for fast edit / refresh dev on
desktop

Ian led a discussion on File plugin shortcomings.
  - He's already done a thorough job summarizing in another thread

Things that got done:
- Josh worked on fixing docs on our Wiki & asked 1001 questions about
setting up a dev environment (as there actually are 1001 steps)
- Andrew made Android's create script generate a library instead of a .jar.
(CB-5232)
- Joe led a bug triaging session
- Andrew & Joe played with coho together. Made a tweak to print CWD in each
command.
- Many spec tests converted to use Jasmine 2.0

A lot of conversations and information sharing went on as well.